Yesterday, Jordan our 19 year old son left home for a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He will first spend 2 months in the Mission Training Center in Utah where he will learn how to speak Hiligaynon and then the rest of his two years will be spent in Iloilo, Philippines. It was a bitter/sweet goodbye; bitter for obvious reasons, but sweet because we so strongly believe in what he is teaching. We are excited for his journey ahead, but not so excited to finally explain to ChunMing that one of his favorite people won't be back for a very long time. About all I have gotten across to ChunMing is that Jordan went bye bye on an airplane. Even that thought brought distress to him. We hope to have a friend translate what Jordan is doing and where very soon.
We are going to miss our son and brother. Change can be hard, even when it's great.
![]() |
![]() |
| My brother picked up Jordan from the airport and dropped him off at the MTC. He snapped these photos for us. |


Oh, that makes me get teary! I don't look forward to that goodbye in only about 7 months!
ReplyDeleteWe're all going to miss Jordan! But he is going to be such a fabulous missionary.
ReplyDeleteJordan saved our bacon with the move to Texas!!! We literally couldn't have done it without him!!! I wished I knew the appropriate way to tell him Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete