Thursday, August 16, 2012

A burden?

One quick post before we take off for Guangzhou

On our way to the orphange yesterday, the driver asked through our guide, if adopting ChunMing was a burden. Hmmm, that is a difficult question to answer through a guide that doesn't have a very good command of the language.  I tried to explain that it would be costly and we have 6 other children to care for, so it wouldn't be easy.  Her summary was, "A sweet burden?"  I wasn't sure about that answer because the word "burden" felt negative to me, but I looked the word up to be better prepared for the next time.  The definition I found was, "a difficult or worrying responsibility".  A "sweet burden" seems to fit well... with an emphasis on "sweet".

3 comments:

  1. Yes, by that definition, I would say that ALL of my children are a "sweet burden." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet burden sounds pretty close to me! So happy for you guys!! Be safe and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not Deanne. This is Dad and Mom at Deannes house.

    Love Ya Kids!!!!!! Grandma and I are here ar Deannss until this afternoon then to David and Janets then Monday to Dale and Tammy's for the Mayo Clinic. We have been following your adventures on your blog and enjoying the times you have been having. Yes we are very blessed to be able to live in grass country all the time, with chickens. cows horses and even the kiling of goats that horrifies some of the girls. We are so proud of our children that try so hard to follow the promptings of the spirit, even when it is harder than the present situation. To take on added responsibilities with full intent and love. Each child you take into your home and heart are so blessed because of your attitude and desires. The Lord is watching over you and will fill you with added joy because of the good things you do and will be more than patient and forgiving of the less than perfect parts of your life. HE is with you, has his arms around you and has guardian angels specifically assignes to watch over you, which you have felt. Mom and I love you, are praying for you and will try to keep an eye on your reports the next week or so. Keep smiling and know that even though it is difficult you can do it and it is worth it.....
    Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete